In my role as the Learning Leader at our school in Melbourne, Victoria, one of the major areas we needed to develop were Learning Dispositions. Through talking to schools, undertaking Visible Learning in Australia we developed the following.
With our students and teachers;
- we came up with the eight dispositions we felt our students needed as successful learners.
- we made each disposition a coloured superhero.
- we gave each disposition a superhero name.
- we had a parent make up superhero capes, in all the colours.
- we made this a common language across the school.
- we made ALL school awards Superhero Awards – related to the dispositions.